Monday 19 September 2016

GREAT MINDS

                                                  

It's a new week!  Let those fresh ideas pop in. I know we might be having some setbacks one way or the other but let's not be discouraged, let's take a bold step towards achieving success in life, remember, no one is born a failure.

I'll be sharing some useful tips which has worked for most successful people all over the world including me, which are;

1.      Write down clear and smart goals:  a lot of us don't write down our goals rather we have them in our minds believing that "what will be will be". If we can get the little we've achieved at the moment without written goals imagine how much better things we'd have achieved with written goals. Mind you, let's not mistake our wishes for our goals. I had a conversation with Desmond, because I wanted to know if he's a person with focus, I decided to ask him what his goal for the next three years was, he replied "I want to have a big mansion in Banana Island", I wondered how possible that was for a normal legit hustler who isn't working with the top multi-national organization in the city of Lagos, I then told him " Desmond, that a mere wish and not a goal.
2.      Create good daily habits:  one major thing that defines us is our habit, the way we talk, walk, eat, etc. There are some certain things we shouldn't be seen doing as someone who wants to achieve wealth and success, for example, urinating by the road side, biting of finger nails, using dirty languages etc. To the ladies, biko... please......... learn how to use a cutlery, develop your table manners, it’s very disappointing after forming all the la crème la porsh and your table manners is nothing. Cultivate simple etiquette, use the five magic words (please, excuse me, I'm sorry, thank you, pardon me).
3.      Engage in daily self-improvement: read books! Never get tired tired of reading, you don't need to spend a whole lot of money to get a book, there are several free E-books online. Use the internet to develop yourself, be economically and socially alive and learn basic etiquettes online.
4.      Never judge yourself:  reject all self-limiting thought, don't belittle yourself, always believe in yourself, personalize the word "I can" rather than "I can't".
5.      Take care of your personal health, remember health is wealth. With good health greater things can be achieved.
6.      Talk less and listen more: talking too much can make you waffle, listening more will make you learn.
7.      Spend time with like-minded people: build strong connections. Bimbo is a fresh graduate aiming to build her career in human resources but you can never see her with friends that all they do is party and club their whole life, rather you see her at HR symposiums and seminars with the right people, this is not to say that Bimbo doesn't have a social life or she is proud, she is only spending her time with like-minded people thereby building a strong connection
8.      Think positive:  you are your thought. Be positive in everything you do. It is very easy for me to evaluate someone with the way he/she thinks, the only thing I need do is to have a conversation with such person.
9.      Live below your means. Thou shall not live a champagne life on Coca-Cola earning.
10.  Never give up. There's no excuse for failure in life, don’t give up!!!



Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Don't forget to share. I'll love to read your questions, thoughts, opinions and ideas on this article in the comment section below

4 comments: