Thursday 22 September 2016

Today Is Rochas Okorocha's 54th Birthday... Read His Poverty To Wealth Story


                                                

I can tell you for free that over 75% of the wealthy men you see around in Nigeria were born into poverty, sometimes an average family.

Those who are looking for young men who are “rich”, what you should be looking for is a good man who is not lazy, not a man making fast money. I don’t mean you should go for the road side mechanic here.

Marry the right person for your destiny….not the person with the kind of cash you desperately want today, who might not respect you and could even lack money management skills because definitely that money will finish on time.

This goes for both men and women, as some guys are also in the race to marry ladies who are “rich”.

Today is Rochas’s Okorocha’s 54th birthday. He is a Billionaire by all standards but he was also born into poverty and had to work his way into a comfortable life.

Born on 22 September 1962, Rochas wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was born into a poor family, and as he put it, “I found out that I was born into a home that is relatively poor from all the definitions of poverty. So I understand from the onset that I have a task ahead of me and the name of the game is survival.”

He said he had to work extra hard to make both ends meet by combining both education with street trading. He said he didn’t have a straight school experience while growing up. His words, “Honestly, there has never been a dull moment in my life.in fact, I engaged in too many things just for the sole purpose to survive.”

Rochas, who acknowledged that he broke early in life, said “The first one was at a very tender age of my life when I was selling used clothes. I broke even because I was able to buy a bus.i was able to buy a bus in secondary school and I bought television set in primary school as small as I was from the sale of oranges, coconuts and used clothes. What I do is that if I sell, I post some of the profit and at the end of the year I buy something with it.

“So, it has been a worthwhile experience but where I would say I made the first one million dollars, was a commission agent from the sale of used equipment in Bauchi state where Balfour Beatty was constructing the Balanga dam. When the company was winding up, I was one of the agent that sold used equipment and I made N1.1million when it was equivalent to 1million dollars.

Then, I put the entire money into the business of used cars then later graduated  to the sale of new cars to what they called ‘Rochas Motors’ but what made me really rich was real estate business.

“At the age of 9 I bought a television set, at 14 I bought a bus, at the age of 19/20 I became head of a commercial school and I went into cement business (BBC) in Gboko, Benue State. At the age of 24 plus I got married, at 29 I became a member of National Constitutional Conference, I became a member of Federal Character Commission thereafter I went to contest for governor and failed and shortly after that I ran for presidency and later became a presidential adviser. I ran for presidency again.

“You see, I moved on and on in life with hard work and challenges.”

Those chasing shadows really have a lot to learn.





Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Don't forget to share. I'll love to read your questions, thoughts, opinions and ideas on this article in the comment section below


No comments:

Post a Comment